We are looking to hire a dedicated communications officer to join our team. The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a communications officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A bachelor’s degree with experience as a communications officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Degree/diploma in communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
All interested applicants to send their CV and Cover letter to email@example.com not later than Midnight Tuesday, 15th January 2023.
COSWA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by the laws of the Republic of Kenya.